Saturday, August 20, 2005

Change In Tactics

Previous Total: $398.55

Current Total: $398.55

Inventory: 2 sake bottles (half ownership) 23 sake cups (half ownership), 5 mini trays (full ownership)

Time Spent Since Last Post: 0 hours 0 minutes

Time Spent Total: 18 hour 08 minutes

I think a change in tactics will be needed if I'm going to reach the $5000 goal. With only 3 and a half months left and I'm still not at the $500 in profit mark, I'm going to need to purchase a few larger items on my own with the potential of receiving a fairly big return on them. Now that I have more money, I can afford to take a bit more risk.

I will be looking for items that I think will at least sell for what I purchase them for with the possibility of a large return if they happen to catch the fancy of a particular collector. I have to go on my gutt feeling on a lot of these since it's impossible to do research - when you see something at the flea market, you usually have to make a good guess and go with your feeling if you think it will sell or not. it alsways helps to purchase boxes with a variety of stuff in them since this sort of spreads the risk - if one item doesn't sell, another can make up for it - especially in areas where I'm not familiar with the collectible in question.

I will be going to a flea market this weekend and will be looking to purchase a few items in the $50 to $100 area with the hopes of at least doubling the money when sold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home