Sunday, August 07, 2005

More Items Sold!


Previous Total: $150.19

Current Total: $179.96

Inventory: 73 sake cups (half ownership), 5 mini trays (full ownership)

Time Spent Since Last Post: 2 hours 10 minutes

Time Spent Total: 12 hour 33 minutes

The sake cup selling continues to go well. The last batch of 10 cups, 3 bottles and 3 mini plates sold for a total of $357.42 on eBay. Take out $38.73 in ebay and paypal fees and the profit comes to $309.53. That divides in two with my partner and it comes to $154.77 profit to me.

With the profit, I went out and bought another 50 sake cups and 5 mini trays I managed to find at another flea market this weekend. The cups came to $200 while the trays were $25. The cups I will split in half with my partner so the cost was $100 for those and the trays I am going to sell on my own (being metal, they should be easier to wrap without a lot of time or effort). That means I took $125.00 out of the profits leaving me with a current grand total of $179.96. I plan on putting up part of the items I found tomorrow (going to try a Sunday end time to see how that works) and the rest later in the week.

Now that I have started to make some money, I'm debating where to put the money. Banks in Japan give a whopping 0.3% interest (that isn't a typo - the decimal point is in the correct place - 0.003) so it doesn't make sense to leave it there.

I'm also not sure how long the sake cups will hold up. I've exhausted most of the places I know, so I'm going to have to find some other resources if I want to continue along these lines. I will surely continue as long as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home