Monday, August 01, 2005

Second Chance Offers


Previous Total: $36.35

Current Total: $40.72

Inventory: 3 bottles (half ownership), 27 sake cups (half ownership), 3 mini plates (half ownership)

Time Spent Since Last Post: 5 minutes

Time Spent Total: 5 hour 51 minutes

An extra $4.37 added to the pot for a few minutes work. My friend who had me sell the Olympic items last week brought some more over this week. Among them were another Sapporo 1972 and Tokyo 1964 medal - we decided that instead of relisting them, we'd make a second chance offer to the bidder from the last auction. There is no cost to do this for him except the final value fee if the person accepts the 2nd chance offer - which the person did. The total for the 2 medals came to $17.51 of which I get 25% so that is where the $4.37 came from.

If you have multiples of the same item, second chance offers can make quite a few sales quickly instead of listing all your items again and again. I find that if I can get three or four of the same item, the second chance offers work well - and you only have to make the offer if the price is what you'd accept. When medals go for more than I expect, I often use this strategy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home