Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Pretty Disastrous Day


Previous Total: $896.36

Current Total: $945.37

Inventory:

Half Ownership - 7 sake bottles, 122 sake cups

Full Ownership - 5 mini trays - 6 hunting badges

Time Spent Since Last Post: 0 hours 0 minutes

Time Spent Total: 1 day 12 hour 26 minutes

I've been avoiding writing this entry as long as possible, but here goes. The auctions did not turn out well at all and overall we lost money when all the fees are taken into consideration. It was a lot of work for a negative return, but I guess that is part of the risk. Here are the numbers:

The 20 cups sold for $105.56 with $7.54 in ebay and paypal fees for a total of $98.02. That gets divided in half with adds $49.01 to my total.

Lessons Learned: Never, ever end auctions on a Sunday evening. Twice burned now and I'm not looking to strike out.

The verdict on the $0.01 starts is still out, but it looks like I may need to scrap it. The auctions ending later today also aren't doing very well. This is certainly a slump that I don't need at the moment.

That's because the decision to try and do the site and blog full time means I have little to no free time to work on this project. I love working on both, but they entail 16 hour days if I'm going to make them work. I will put in every spare moment I have into this challenge and hopefully in the end it will all work out. I sure hope I don't have to write another post like this in the evening (sweat dripping from the forehead with nervousness)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home