Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Setting Up Preview Blogs

Previous Total: $1131.82

Current Total: $1131.82

Inventory:

Half Ownership - 7 sake bottles, 23 sake cups

Full Ownership - 5 mini trays - 6 hunting badges

Time Spent Since Last Post: 0 hours 45 minutes

Time Spent Total: 1 day 6 hour 02 minutes

As I mentioned previously, I will be gone for a few weeks and won't be able to list items on auction like I have been. Since not doing anything isn't an option if I'm going to make the goal, I'm going to try the following plan of action.

I spend the last 45 minutes setting up a number of free blogs that I will use to preview the items I have to sell. The plan is to get all my current inventory on the sake cup blog before I leave. I have also added similar blogs for medals and flags. Medals and flags are my "base salary" - they are what allow me to spend basically a full amount of time on the site while still being able to pay the bills. I was doing them before the challenge started so I have not included any of them in this challenge for that reason.

While I won't count the sale of any of the items on those 2 blogs towards the total, I will count any advertising income that the blogs generate since I would not have created them without this challenge. These should be extremely easy update - since they are preview only, detailed descriptions won't be needed since they will be geared toward those collectors that already know their stuff - and should get a decent following from the collectors as soon as they know the blog exists. That means all I need to do is load up the photos and set a price.

I'm debating whether to add 8% of each sale for the medals and flags to the challenge total. That would be what ebay would charge for a final value fee if I listed them in my ebay store which would be the obvious place to do so. I will think more about that.

To recap, I now have 4 blogs dedicated to this challenge:

1. The $5000 Challenge Blog
2. The Sake Cup Blog
3. The Japanese Medals Blog
4. The Japanese Flag Blog

I will see how these go over the next month and if they are producing income, then I might even consider expanding (again, time will be a big factore here). Time to start filling up the blogs with items...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home