Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Auctions Ended - Not as good as I hoped

Previous Total: $17.55

Current Total: $18.93

Things have certainlt started out slow - I need to come up with some more ideas soon if I'm going to make it to the goal. Onlt one of the two auctions sold at the reduced prices I listed - the card set for $5.95 + $3.00 shipping. The final value fee was $0.26 and the paypal fee was $0.56. As mentioned before, the cost of the set to me was $2.50. Shipping came to $2.00 - I had placed an extra $1.00 onto shipping to help lessen the impact of the listing, final and paypal fees. That means the profit was $3.63 - not a lot, but since I can do this again and again, not much more work for me to list the auction. So, I placed another auction for the set up on ebay which cost another $0.70.

Even thought he coca cola set didn't sell, I placed it up again (another $1.55 listing fee) because there were 7 people that had put it on their watch list. I'm not sure why it didn't sell. If it doesn't sell this week at $39.95, I will give up on that.

So after totalling up my small gain and the expenses of listing again, overall I'm still under $20.

The good news is I received about 15 items from a friend that wants me to list them for him - since he'll be paying all the expenses for listing and final value, I don't have to worry about that. I will get 25% of the final price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home